Lansing Regional SmartZone
What - The Lansing Regional SmartZone (LRSZ) is a cooperative effort with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) to stimulate the growth of technology-based businesses in the Lansing Region. This is a partnership between the City of East Lansing, the City of Lansing, Ingham County,
Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, MBI International, Michigan State University, the Michigan State University Foundation and the University Corporate Research Park. We provide the support services needed to build high tech companies. We empower entrepreneurs to build successful technology businesses. The SmartZone is a dynamic organization of leaders from all backgrounds and business sectors. Together, these visionaries are combining their talents and energy to transform the Lansing Region into a high-technology powerhouse. The LRSZ has locations in MSU University Corporate Research Par, Downtown East Lansing and Downtown Lansing.
Who - The LRSZ focuses on attracting, creating and expanding businesses in the fields of life sciences, advanced manufacturing and information technology. Special attention is given to helping firms capitalize on research and technical resources at Michigan State University and (MBI).
Why - The Lansing Regional SmartZone offers:
- Incubation, office, dry and wet lab space
- Network of business, professional and technical services
- Access to university resources, including technical research equipment and laboratories
- Linkages to sources of knowledge and expertise via the university and private industry resources
- Business development services and resources that are technical, managerial, financial, legal or intellectual in nature, specific to the emerging businesses' needs
- Commercialization assistance
- Coaching and mentoring
Preparation for access and presentations to investors